The Gratitude Challenge
On Monday of this week I accepted the GRATITUDE CHALLENGE. The idea (as I received it from my friend, Kate in London) is to simply state three things you are grateful for each day for 7 days. Each day nominate one of your friends on FB to do the same.
About the same time I came across this article called The Gratitude Challenge: Does Expressing Thanks Every Day Make You Happier?
So if you don’t mind, allow me to share some of my reasons for gratitude from the past two days.
1) Today I’m am very thankful for my youngest daughter Jacki. It’s her birthday today. A couple of weeks ago she became engaged to a great guy. Besides all the wonderful things happening in her life, I’m most thankful that she’s becoming such an amazing young woman.
2) I’m also thankful today for my new friends at Paraclete Press who are hard at work preparing my book for publication (March 2015).
3) An last but not at all least, on this first day of the gratitude challenge I MUST say a big THANKS to my wife, friend and partner for life, Sanan.
Day 2 of the GRATITUDE CHALLENGE
1) I’m thankful today for my gift of sight, which allows me to see such beauty in the world around me: sky, trees, flowers…design, art, architecture…people, smiles and the faces of friends.
2) I am also thankful for the gift of hearing: those familiar voices, the amazing way that someone can produce a series of sounds with their lips and my ears and brain can find meaning it in….and then there is music. It’s the art form that has touched me the deepest and the most. I’m thankful for the ability to hear music and to be moved by it in such transcendent ways.
3) I’m also wish to express my gratitude today for this flower called creativity that started blooming in my life back when I was in high school. I recognize it as a wonderful gift. I’ve had such a good time cultivating it throughout these past few decades.
You don’t need to be nominated to start the GRATITUDE CHALLENGE. Start it yourself and nominate a new friend for each day. Do you think it will make you happier? Only one way to find out!