We’re now more than mid-way through September. A few weeks ago I made some suggestions about trying to make some slight readjustments to your daily, weekly or monthly schedule. Here are some possible ”tweaks” that would give a few more minutes for mindful reflection and/or prayer activities. For example:
- Set the alarm a little earlier.
- Skip a customary TV episode.
- Combine reflection with a routine activity such as washing dishes, riding public transportation or time spent waiting.
- Plan a day of personal retreat.
- Drop a time-consuming habit.
- Invite a few spiritual friends to pray together some evening, for a Sunday brunch or for a simple coffee meet-up.
- Take advantage of serendipitous awakenings in the night.
- Discern what time of day/night you are most spiritually sensitive
Take some time this weekend to think about time…not Chronos time but your Kairos time. As for me, I’m going camping with a daughter and her friend. Hopefully I can find some time alone to reflect on my use of time.